Online teacher education PhD programs provide doctoral students with the flexibility to continue on with their careers as they advance their professional credentials. PhD degrees are the highest degrees that a person can earn and the Teacher Education PhD programs in particular are coveted as they can help you seek and obtain the best jobs. After earning this degree you can seek a position in this field at the highest level and there are also sure to be many opportunities available in the administrative side as well.
Teacher Education and Training
To obtain a PhD in this discipline you will need to be intensely focused and you must also show a lot of discipline and this is why only a very small numbers of professionals actually complete such a program. However, the rewards are many and the opportunities are also plenty for those who can earn such a degree.
Here we look at how teacher education PhD programs help you continue to grow in your chosen career as an educator. For a doctorate in this discipline you will need to complete the required teacher education course which can vary depending on what you wish to focus on.
There are a number of specializations available including elementary education, elementary education, secondary education, and higher as well as special education and more. This particular program will focus on your career choice and the curriculum will also include advanced and many related subjects. In addition to other PhD program requirements, coursework may include:
- Curriculum Design
- Psychology and Pedagogy of Teaching and Learning
- Policy Analysis in Education
- Social Analysis of Educational Policy
- Comparative Perspectives on Teacher Education
- Philosophy of Education
You must also complete an original thesis or dissertation, which can take up much of your time and you may also be required to complete hands-on training in your chosen field. It really depends on what you choose to study and what your school offers in the doctoral program.
Careers in Teacher Education
After completing the PhD in teacher education, in your chosen specialization, you will readily find many openings in the administrative and also in the teaching fields. At present, there are not enough such professionals and so there is a great demand for those who have obtained a doctorate in this particular field.
Once you have obtained such qualification you will have a much better chance of being employed with universities and even private schools at different levels and you can also look forward to being employed in a supervisory capacity.
Your job may include training other teachers and you may also be involved in conducting research that will help in changing the structure and system of modern education. The teacher educator takes on a leadership role in particular area of expertise, for example special education and instructional technology to mention a couple of specializations.
Education and Teaching Programs
- Relentlessly reinventing higher education, helping busy adults reinvent their lives through education.
- Over 200 affordable online programs and one of the lowest tuition rates in the nation.
- See yourself succeed at Southern New Hampshire University.
- Education and Teaching Doctoral Degree
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...