Online teacher education PhD programs provide doctoral students with the flexibility to continue on with their careers as they advance their professional credentials. PhD degrees are the highest degrees that a person can earn and the Teacher Education PhD programs in particular are coveted as they can help you seek and obtain the best jobs. After earning this degree you can seek a position in this field at the highest level and there are also sure to be many opportunities available in the administrative side as well.
Teacher Education and Training
To obtain a PhD in this discipline you will need to be intensely focused and you must also show a lot of discipline and this is why only a very small numbers of professionals actually complete such a program. However, the rewards are many and the opportunities are also plenty for those who can earn such a degree.
Here we look at how teacher education PhD programs help you continue to grow in your chosen career as an educator. For a doctorate in this discipline you will need to complete the required teacher education course which can vary depending on what you wish to focus on.
There are a number of specializations available including elementary education, elementary education, secondary education, and higher as well as special education and more. This particular program will focus on your career choice and the curriculum will also include advanced and many related subjects. In addition to other PhD program requirements, coursework may include:
- Curriculum Design
- Psychology and Pedagogy of Teaching and Learning
- Policy Analysis in Education
- Social Analysis of Educational Policy
- Comparative Perspectives on Teacher Education
- Philosophy of Education
You must also complete an original thesis or dissertation, which can take up much of your time and you may also be required to complete hands-on training in your chosen field. It really depends on what you choose to study and what your school offers in the doctoral program.
Careers in Teacher Education
After completing the PhD in teacher education, in your chosen specialization, you will readily find many openings in the administrative and also in the teaching fields. At present, there are not enough such professionals and so there is a great demand for those who have obtained a doctorate in this particular field.
Once you have obtained such qualification you will have a much better chance of being employed with universities and even private schools at different levels and you can also look forward to being employed in a supervisory capacity.
Your job may include training other teachers and you may also be involved in conducting research that will help in changing the structure and system of modern education. The teacher educator takes on a leadership role in particular area of expertise, for example special education and instructional technology to mention a couple of specializations.
Education and Teaching Programs
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- E-Learning - EdS
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- International Education - EdS
- And more...
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Education in Higher Education
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
Fordham University’s online Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) program prepares aspiring teachers (grades 1–6) to address the needs of today’s students. In addition to providing essential skills and experience, the M.S.T. program prepares students seeking initial teaching certification. The program offers two tracks: an M.S.T. in Childhood Education and an M.S.T. in Childhood Special Education (Dual Certification). Both combine live classes, interactive coursework, and placement experiences to prepare students to become effective teachers.
- MS in Teaching-Childhood Education
- MS in Teaching-Childhood SPED
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!