Online teacher education PhD programs provide doctoral students with the flexibility to continue on with their careers as they advance their professional credentials. PhD degrees are the highest degrees that a person can earn and the Teacher Education PhD programs in particular are coveted as they can help you seek and obtain the best jobs. After earning this degree you can seek a position in this field at the highest level and there are also sure to be many opportunities available in the administrative side as well.
Teacher Education and Training
To obtain a PhD in this discipline you will need to be intensely focused and you must also show a lot of discipline and this is why only a very small numbers of professionals actually complete such a program. However, the rewards are many and the opportunities are also plenty for those who can earn such a degree.
Here we look at how teacher education PhD programs help you continue to grow in your chosen career as an educator. For a doctorate in this discipline you will need to complete the required teacher education course which can vary depending on what you wish to focus on.
There are a number of specializations available including elementary education, elementary education, secondary education, and higher as well as special education and more. This particular program will focus on your career choice and the curriculum will also include advanced and many related subjects. In addition to other PhD program requirements, coursework may include:
- Curriculum Design
- Psychology and Pedagogy of Teaching and Learning
- Policy Analysis in Education
- Social Analysis of Educational Policy
- Comparative Perspectives on Teacher Education
- Philosophy of Education
You must also complete an original thesis or dissertation, which can take up much of your time and you may also be required to complete hands-on training in your chosen field. It really depends on what you choose to study and what your school offers in the doctoral program.
Careers in Teacher Education
After completing the PhD in teacher education, in your chosen specialization, you will readily find many openings in the administrative and also in the teaching fields. At present, there are not enough such professionals and so there is a great demand for those who have obtained a doctorate in this particular field.
Once you have obtained such qualification you will have a much better chance of being employed with universities and even private schools at different levels and you can also look forward to being employed in a supervisory capacity.
Your job may include training other teachers and you may also be involved in conducting research that will help in changing the structure and system of modern education. The teacher educator takes on a leadership role in particular area of expertise, for example special education and instructional technology to mention a couple of specializations.
Education and Teaching Programs
- Offers fully online master’s and doctoral programs in Education.
- Education Specialist (EdS) program offers several specializations, including Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, English as a Second Language, Special Education, and more.
- Master’s students can choose an accelerated track MEd program to complete their degree faster.
- All master’s and doctoral Education programs have no GRE or GMAT exam requirements.
- 100% of faculty possesses a doctoral degree in their field.
- E-Learning - EdS
- Global Training and Development - EdS
- International Education - EdS
- And more...
- Earn your Master's or Doctorate degree online
- Choose from degrees within the schools of Psychology, Organizational Leadership or Social, Human and Educational Development
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association
- All faculty hold doctorate degrees and bring real world experience to the classroom
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- PhD in Educational Leadership
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Educational Specialist - Educational Leadership