Online teacher education PhD programs provide doctoral students with the flexibility to continue on with their careers as they advance their professional credentials. PhD degrees are the highest degrees that a person can earn and the Teacher Education PhD programs in particular are coveted as they can help you seek and obtain the best jobs. After earning this degree you can seek a position in this field at the highest level and there are also sure to be many opportunities available in the administrative side as well.
Teacher Education and Training
To obtain a PhD in this discipline you will need to be intensely focused and you must also show a lot of discipline and this is why only a very small numbers of professionals actually complete such a program. However, the rewards are many and the opportunities are also plenty for those who can earn such a degree.
Here we look at how teacher education PhD programs help you continue to grow in your chosen career as an educator. For a doctorate in this discipline you will need to complete the required teacher education course which can vary depending on what you wish to focus on.
There are a number of specializations available including elementary education, elementary education, secondary education, and higher as well as special education and more. This particular program will focus on your career choice and the curriculum will also include advanced and many related subjects. In addition to other PhD program requirements, coursework may include:
- Curriculum Design
- Psychology and Pedagogy of Teaching and Learning
- Policy Analysis in Education
- Social Analysis of Educational Policy
- Comparative Perspectives on Teacher Education
- Philosophy of Education
You must also complete an original thesis or dissertation, which can take up much of your time and you may also be required to complete hands-on training in your chosen field. It really depends on what you choose to study and what your school offers in the doctoral program.
Careers in Teacher Education
After completing the PhD in teacher education, in your chosen specialization, you will readily find many openings in the administrative and also in the teaching fields. At present, there are not enough such professionals and so there is a great demand for those who have obtained a doctorate in this particular field.
Once you have obtained such qualification you will have a much better chance of being employed with universities and even private schools at different levels and you can also look forward to being employed in a supervisory capacity.
Your job may include training other teachers and you may also be involved in conducting research that will help in changing the structure and system of modern education. The teacher educator takes on a leadership role in particular area of expertise, for example special education and instructional technology to mention a couple of specializations.
Education and Teaching Programs
- Our supportive instructors, rigorous curriculum, and experience-based approach give you the knowledge and skills to make a difference in your profession
- Our degree programs are designed specifically for working adults — put your coursework to work in your current job AND use it to reach the next level in your career
- Finish assignments and complete your degree on a schedule that works for you
- Keep your current job as you earn your graduate degree
- Scholarships may be available
- Ed.D. in Leadership and Management
- Concordia University - Portland online programs can help you:
- Get your master’s degree in just 14 months!
- Earn your Ed.D. fully online in less than four years
- Potentially earn a salary increase
- Achieve an advanced degree on your schedule, from the comfort of your home
- Use research-based best practices to have a more powerful impact on education
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- E-Learning - EdS
- Global Training and Development - EdS
- International Education - EdS
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- PhD in Educational Leadership