Let us take a glance at sustainable development PhD degree programs. With so many changes being witnessed in the world today, it has become relatively necessary to pay special attention to PhD in sustainable development in a bid to establish what can work best in order to have the world growing in the right direction. Drastic changes in weather patterns and the adverse effects of human activities have left the human race with many problems than they had bargained for at the beginning of industrialization.
Sustainable Development Education and Training
For starters, it is important to understand what this subject involves. To describe it in ordinary terms, it is the study and research into policy issues that will either negatively or positively affect our beloved planet earth and the entire solar system.
It is due to the complexity and width of this matter that not a single discipline can adequately tackle this subject. This program like any other PhD program requires minimum thresholds in order to gain admission and we will list them in this chapter so as to give any aspiring candidate a brief list of what to expect before they can be enrolled into the program.
What is sustainable development? The sustainable development definition provided by World Bank (from the World Commission on Environment and Development) is, “Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
Among the most significant prerequisites of the sustainable development PhD program include a masters degree in the same faculty. It is however important to note that in the event of the candidate being unable to present the said degree above, a number of colleges will also consider your candidature if you have an ordinary degree but has had the chance of working on a thesis or dissertation on the same matter.
Another pointy worth noting before you embark on the sustainable development PhD degree is that it basically involves a lot of research that can really be time consuming. This is because sustainable development PhD is a subject that requires a multidisciplinary approach because numerous other sectors have to come into consideration before you can get a conclusive solution.
Failure to coordinate and link the participation of the other relevant disciplines to the same would most likely leave you with a half baked solution that cannot offer the much needed solution to the burning issues at hand that your research should cover adequately. Some colleges will provide this course in stipulated semesters but the emphasis is on the quality of research and therefore it should not entirely be pegged on the length of the semesters.
Careers in Sustainable Development
The prospects that are likely to be available upon completion of the program are numerous although it is not very common. This is because the approach behind this course is rather multidisciplinary because you can understand from the explanation on the objective of the course or subject given in the first paragraph; it is quite evident that no single discipline can tackle the challenges in an all encompassing manner. A student who studies sustainable development can pursue a career in development studies, environmental policy, agricultural consulting, and alternative energy to mention a few areas.
Careers with a sustainable development PhD are available in various sectors including non-profit organizations, NGOs, public, and private sectors, as well as international organizations. Some employers include think tanks, Environmental Protection Agencies, Financial institutions, departments of sustainability and environmental management, and agricultural and resource management firms.
International Relations and Liberal Arts Programs
- Join the Grand Canyon Theological Seminary (GCTS)
- GCTS is an interdenominational, evangelical seminary that prepares godly leaders for a lifetime of faithful ministry rooted in biblical truth, sound theology and practical wisdom.
- Featuring Master of Divinity (MDiv) and Master of Arts (MA) programs designed to form you theologically, spiritually and professionally for leadership, ministry and service.
- Courses are available online, in the evenings and on campus in Phoenix, Arizona. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn about financial aid, start dates and more!
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - Christian Ministry
- Bachelor degree programs include English, Education, Mathematics, Theatre, Biophysical Sciences, Christian Ministry, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Regent’s School of Education has yielded a 95% pass rate on the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Ph.D. Individualized
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Environmental and Social Sustainability (Executive Format)
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Doctor of Ministry: Pastoral Counseling
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!