Let us take a glance at sustainable development PhD degree programs. With so many changes being witnessed in the world today, it has become relatively necessary to pay special attention to PhD in sustainable development in a bid to establish what can work best in order to have the world growing in the right direction. Drastic changes in weather patterns and the adverse effects of human activities have left the human race with many problems than they had bargained for at the beginning of industrialization.
Sustainable Development Education and Training
For starters, it is important to understand what this subject involves. To describe it in ordinary terms, it is the study and research into policy issues that will either negatively or positively affect our beloved planet earth and the entire solar system.
It is due to the complexity and width of this matter that not a single discipline can adequately tackle this subject. This program like any other PhD program requires minimum thresholds in order to gain admission and we will list them in this chapter so as to give any aspiring candidate a brief list of what to expect before they can be enrolled into the program.
What is sustainable development? The sustainable development definition provided by World Bank (from the World Commission on Environment and Development) is, “Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
Among the most significant prerequisites of the sustainable development PhD program include a masters degree in the same faculty. It is however important to note that in the event of the candidate being unable to present the said degree above, a number of colleges will also consider your candidature if you have an ordinary degree but has had the chance of working on a thesis or dissertation on the same matter.
Another pointy worth noting before you embark on the sustainable development PhD degree is that it basically involves a lot of research that can really be time consuming. This is because sustainable development PhD is a subject that requires a multidisciplinary approach because numerous other sectors have to come into consideration before you can get a conclusive solution.
Failure to coordinate and link the participation of the other relevant disciplines to the same would most likely leave you with a half baked solution that cannot offer the much needed solution to the burning issues at hand that your research should cover adequately. Some colleges will provide this course in stipulated semesters but the emphasis is on the quality of research and therefore it should not entirely be pegged on the length of the semesters.
Careers in Sustainable Development
The prospects that are likely to be available upon completion of the program are numerous although it is not very common. This is because the approach behind this course is rather multidisciplinary because you can understand from the explanation on the objective of the course or subject given in the first paragraph; it is quite evident that no single discipline can tackle the challenges in an all encompassing manner. A student who studies sustainable development can pursue a career in development studies, environmental policy, agricultural consulting, and alternative energy to mention a few areas.
Careers with a sustainable development PhD are available in various sectors including non-profit organizations, NGOs, public, and private sectors, as well as international organizations. Some employers include think tanks, Environmental Protection Agencies, Financial institutions, departments of sustainability and environmental management, and agricultural and resource management firms.
International Relations and Liberal Arts Programs
- Bachelor degree programs include English, Education, Mathematics, Theatre, Biophysical Sciences, Christian Ministry, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Regent’s School of Education has yielded a 95% pass rate on the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Government - International Relations
- Master of Arts in Government - Political Communication
- Master of Arts in Government - American Government
- And more...
- Walden’s online MS in Forensic Psychology can help you apply new skills and perspectives to areas like cybercrime, criminal investigative analysis and profiling, terrorism, and victim advocacy.
- Develop a strong understanding of criminal behaviors while gaining the expertise needed to make a difference within the criminal justice system.
- Focus on your interests—choose from one of 10 specializations to help you develop subject matter expertise and tailor your degree to your personal interests and professional experience.
- Enjoy engaging, multimedia coursework; interactive case studies; podcasts; expert interviews; and our unique interactive learning community.
- MS in Human and Social Services - Conflict Management and Negotiation
- MS in Human and Social Services - Disaster, Crisis, and Intervention
- MS in Human and Social Services - Community Intervention and Leadership
- And more...
- Earn a Master of Social Work degree online from the top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work.
- MSW@USC recently ranked #12 by U.S. News & World Report.
- The program features live, online classes and hands-on field experiences near your community.
- GRE scores are not required to apply.
- MSW@USC is a CSWE-accredited program.
- Master of Social Work
- Find Your Purpose with a Theology Master's Degree from GCU's College of Theology
- Flexible online, evening and campus class options to fit your busy life.
- Several degree options - M.Div., M.A. in Urban Ministry, M.A. in Christian Ministry and more.
- The College of Theology's guiding pillars are Gospel Centered, Church Focused and Missions Oriented.
- Speak with an enrollment counselor today and learn about our various theology master's programs.
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - Christian Ministry
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Gender Diversity Studies - MA in Psychology
- Gender Diversity Studies - PhD of Psychology
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Human Services
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership
The University of Southern California Doctor of Social Work (DSW) online program is designed for experienced practitioners to harness innovative solutions to solve real-world problems.
Unlike a PhD in social work, which prepares scholars for careers in research and the professoriate, the DSW@USC is an online advanced practice degree program for working professionals who want to have a greater impact in their practice.
- Doctor of Social Work (DSW)
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Environmental and Social Sustainability (Executive Format)
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Curriculum & Instruction: Early Childhood Education