Why consider sports science PhD programs? A PhD in Sports Science degree is sometimes necessary for some types of employment in the field of Kinesiology. Exercise physiology is a discipline that studies body’s response to physical activity. Its focus is “exercise as medicine.” You may be satisfied with a Bachelor or Master’s degree, and work in team sports, or perhaps the sports department of an educational institution. However, if you seek a job with a top collegiate or professional sports team, the title of “doctor of philosophy” may put you ahead of other applicants.
Sports Science Training and Education
There also are many important management positions in the industry, where an extensive education will be of great use. You will need the usual prerequisites like a bachelor and master degree in Kinesiology or sport sciences. However, the doctor of philosophy degree, is one that very few people that study, attain. It will take many hours of training, and significant amounts of research in the sport field.The field can be split into two primary areas of specialization: fitness and rehabilitation.
You may need to meet admission requirements of the sports science PhD program that you attend. This may include grade point averages and GRE test scores. Some institutions also require letter of recommendation from sources like previous professors.
Your education may revolve around several different kinds of credit hours, and these may total more than seventy. For example, some may need take courses in specialized knowledge, like exercise and sport physiology. You also may take courses like sport conditioning and nutrition. You also may need an understanding of cardiovascular physiology.
In most sports science PhD programs You may need courses in research methodology, like research design and statistics. You also may be required to have a lot of courses that are devoted to research, as this will be the basis of your final paper or thesis. You will need a number of guided electives that are related to your field of study. These may include anatomy, microbiology, immunology, and chemistry. It is also important to have good communication skills, so courses like psychology can be important.
Your dissertation or thesis will be the major focus of your degree. You will need to show through knowledge and research, that you can understand and enhance sport science. You will also be examined in front of school officials.
Exercise and Sport Science Careers
Besides all of the positions open to people with lesser education in your field, you will qualify for many top positions in industries like coaching and team trainer. Also, management positions in things like physical therapy may be available. After serving in these kinds of jobs, you may be able to take positions in sales or promotions, in sports and related industries. There are also opportunities in elementary and high school settings, as well as college sports and community centers.
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- M.A. Integrative Wellness Coaching
- M.S. Integrative and Functional Nutrition
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MSE Exercise Science
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Applied Nutrition
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- Sports Management - PhD in Education
- Athletic Coaching - MAT
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Wellness Coaching (Master of Science) - Online
- Dual Concentration: Performance Enhancement, Sport Psychology (Master of Science) - Online
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Prepare to meet business challenges, achieve your career goals, and move ahead in today’s workforce as you explore vital business and leadership fundamentals.
- After successfully completing the first four courses in our MBA program, you will receive a graduate-level certificate, giving you a valuable credential while you work toward completing your degree.
- Students in the MBA program may choose from 11 specializations, including Accounting, Leadership and Project Management, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- The MBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Registered nurses, advance your career - earn your Master of Science in Nursing online with GCU.
- Our MSN degree will strengthen your knowledge, values, analytical and critical thinking skills so you are prepared to advocate the highest-level of care possible.
- GCU prepares nurses for leadership roles in today's rapidly changing healthcare delivery systems.
- Earn an MSN degree with an emphasis in health care informatics, nursing education, public health and more.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?