Why consider sports science PhD programs? A PhD in Sports Science degree is sometimes necessary for some types of employment in the field of Kinesiology. Exercise physiology is a discipline that studies body’s response to physical activity. Its focus is “exercise as medicine.” You may be satisfied with a Bachelor or Master’s degree, and work in team sports, or perhaps the sports department of an educational institution. However, if you seek a job with a top collegiate or professional sports team, the title of “doctor of philosophy” may put you ahead of other applicants.
Sports Science Training and Education
There also are many important management positions in the industry, where an extensive education will be of great use. You will need the usual prerequisites like a bachelor and master degree in Kinesiology or sport sciences. However, the doctor of philosophy degree, is one that very few people that study, attain. It will take many hours of training, and significant amounts of research in the sport field.The field can be split into two primary areas of specialization: fitness and rehabilitation.
You may need to meet admission requirements of the sports science PhD program that you attend. This may include grade point averages and GRE test scores. Some institutions also require letter of recommendation from sources like previous professors.
Your education may revolve around several different kinds of credit hours, and these may total more than seventy. For example, some may need take courses in specialized knowledge, like exercise and sport physiology. You also may take courses like sport conditioning and nutrition. You also may need an understanding of cardiovascular physiology.
In most sports science PhD programs You may need courses in research methodology, like research design and statistics. You also may be required to have a lot of courses that are devoted to research, as this will be the basis of your final paper or thesis. You will need a number of guided electives that are related to your field of study. These may include anatomy, microbiology, immunology, and chemistry. It is also important to have good communication skills, so courses like psychology can be important.
Your dissertation or thesis will be the major focus of your degree. You will need to show through knowledge and research, that you can understand and enhance sport science. You will also be examined in front of school officials.
Exercise and Sport Science Careers
Besides all of the positions open to people with lesser education in your field, you will qualify for many top positions in industries like coaching and team trainer. Also, management positions in things like physical therapy may be available. After serving in these kinds of jobs, you may be able to take positions in sales or promotions, in sports and related industries. There are also opportunities in elementary and high school settings, as well as college sports and community centers.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Sports Management - Doctor of Education
- Sports Management - PhD in Education
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- Ph.D. Mind-Body Medicine
- The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program is designed with insight from experienced faculty and leading business practitioners.
- Already have a master’s in business or management? You may be eligible to apply credit for up to four courses toward your DBA, saving time and money.
- Students in the DBA program may choose from 16 specializations, including Entrepreneurship, Project Management, Marketing, Leadership, and more.
- The DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- D.B.A. - Healthcare Management
- CCNE-Accredited Master of Science in Nursing Programs
- Grand Canyon's 4-credit master’s classes allow you to complete your Master of Science in Nursing degree in less time.
- Our master's in nursing programs include advanced practice roles in primary care and acute care, as well as curriculums which prepare nurses for roles in nursing leadership, nursing education & more.
- Students can elect to take courses online or through our evening classes which meet just once a week at the Phoenix campus and other satellite locations throughout Arizona.
- Grand Canyon is highly recognized in the healthcare industry for outstanding programs for practicing nurses who are seeking to further their education.
- Request information – learn more about program offerings, start dates, financial aid & more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
Wilkes University’s School of Nursing offers CCNE-accredited online degrees and certificate programs ideal for working health care professionals, instructed by experienced, respected faculty dedicated to mentoring and personalized support for every student. Our nursing degrees offer the cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills needed in today’s dynamic, evolving health care industry.
- DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice