Why consider sports science PhD programs? A PhD in Sports Science degree is sometimes necessary for some types of employment in the field of Kinesiology. Exercise physiology is a discipline that studies body’s response to physical activity. Its focus is “exercise as medicine.” You may be satisfied with a Bachelor or Master’s degree, and work in team sports, or perhaps the sports department of an educational institution. However, if you seek a job with a top collegiate or professional sports team, the title of “doctor of philosophy” may put you ahead of other applicants.
Sports Science Training and Education
There also are many important management positions in the industry, where an extensive education will be of great use. You will need the usual prerequisites like a bachelor and master degree in Kinesiology or sport sciences. However, the doctor of philosophy degree, is one that very few people that study, attain. It will take many hours of training, and significant amounts of research in the sport field.The field can be split into two primary areas of specialization: fitness and rehabilitation.
You may need to meet admission requirements of the sports science PhD program that you attend. This may include grade point averages and GRE test scores. Some institutions also require letter of recommendation from sources like previous professors.
Your education may revolve around several different kinds of credit hours, and these may total more than seventy. For example, some may need take courses in specialized knowledge, like exercise and sport physiology. You also may take courses like sport conditioning and nutrition. You also may need an understanding of cardiovascular physiology.
In most sports science PhD programs You may need courses in research methodology, like research design and statistics. You also may be required to have a lot of courses that are devoted to research, as this will be the basis of your final paper or thesis. You will need a number of guided electives that are related to your field of study. These may include anatomy, microbiology, immunology, and chemistry. It is also important to have good communication skills, so courses like psychology can be important.
Your dissertation or thesis will be the major focus of your degree. You will need to show through knowledge and research, that you can understand and enhance sport science. You will also be examined in front of school officials.
Exercise and Sport Science Careers
Besides all of the positions open to people with lesser education in your field, you will qualify for many top positions in industries like coaching and team trainer. Also, management positions in things like physical therapy may be available. After serving in these kinds of jobs, you may be able to take positions in sales or promotions, in sports and related industries. There are also opportunities in elementary and high school settings, as well as college sports and community centers.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Healthcare Management and Leadership is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields of managed care supervision
- , patient care management, healthcare services manager, regulatory analysis, and resource specialists.
- An MBA from California Intercontinental University is designed to prepare students for today's most in demand industries.
- Tailor your graduate studies around one of our several MBA programs, including Banking & Finance, International Management & Marketing, Project Management and more!
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Information Systems and Knowledge Management is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields
- of configuration management, server administration, knowledge management specialist, business systems analysis, and control systems management.
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- Registered nurses, advance your career - earn your Master of Science in Nursing online with GCU.
- Our MSN degree will strengthen your knowledge, values, analytical and critical thinking skills so you are prepared to advocate the highest-level of care possible.
- GCU prepares nurses for leadership roles in today's rapidly changing healthcare delivery systems.
- Earn an MSN degree with an emphasis in health care informatics, nursing education, public health and more.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.