Candidates who are considering the PhD in physical education normally have dedicated their career to helping people stay fit, athletics, or coaching. If you want to pursue the PhD in physical education program, you will need to attain a minimum of 3 letters of recommendation. In many cases, people get one letter from a previous employer, one letter from a previous employer, and one personal recommendation. The letters should contain information about your potential to participate in the program, your leadership potential, and your potential to contribute to the field in a way that will benefit others.
Physical Education Training
You must also have also have recent GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores, as well as completion of a Masters Program with a focus on PE. Grade point average and the minimum acceptable score of your GRE will vary with the schools you are considering. You will also be asked to write an essay outlining what your goal is after you have achieved the degree and what your intended specialty or focus will be.
This degree is a fairly recently addition to the doctorate programs that combines the study of human movement with education. The field of physical education has grown significantly over the last few years as more people have recognized the important relationship between health, exercise and diet. The need for highly qualified individuals in both business and educational settings is making this doctoral program very important throughout the world.
The PhD in physical education program will focus on the developmental factors of athletic training education. Students will receive education in ethics, curriculum construction, the analytics of teaching PE, sports, human growth and development and fitness. You will also receive education in the psychology of physical education and the cognitive factors in motor skill acquisition.
This is a very broad field, and before beginning a thesis, students will select the area that they want to specialize in. Depending on this specialty, the student will have additional coursework that will add to your knowledge base of this aspect of PE. When you are comparing schools and programs, it will be important to look carefully at the focus of the educational program to make sure your specialty will be addressed.
Careers in Physical Education
Upon attaining the PhD in music education degree, students have many career options available. You may wish to design, implement and lead musical education programs on primary through university levels. Some individuals manage musical talent and programs, while other people pursue the study of musical history and research different aspects of musicology throughout history. Still other individuals enter radio, television or film as composers, conductors, or educators.
The PhD in Physical Education is a growing field as more demand for knowledgeable professionals who can analyze and create effective training and curriculum that meet the specific needs of individuals grow. The science of how movement affects the human body is continuing to grow and the need for researchers in this area for both educational and large organizations has been on the rise since the importance of exercise in daily life for all individuals has become more visible.
Education and Teaching Programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- E-Learning - EdS
- International Education - EdS
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...