Candidates who are considering the PhD in physical education normally have dedicated their career to helping people stay fit, athletics, or coaching. If you want to pursue the PhD in physical education program, you will need to attain a minimum of 3 letters of recommendation. In many cases, people get one letter from a previous employer, one letter from a previous employer, and one personal recommendation. The letters should contain information about your potential to participate in the program, your leadership potential, and your potential to contribute to the field in a way that will benefit others.
Physical Education Training
You must also have also have recent GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores, as well as completion of a Masters Program with a focus on PE. Grade point average and the minimum acceptable score of your GRE will vary with the schools you are considering. You will also be asked to write an essay outlining what your goal is after you have achieved the degree and what your intended specialty or focus will be.
This degree is a fairly recently addition to the doctorate programs that combines the study of human movement with education. The field of physical education has grown significantly over the last few years as more people have recognized the important relationship between health, exercise and diet. The need for highly qualified individuals in both business and educational settings is making this doctoral program very important throughout the world.
The PhD in physical education program will focus on the developmental factors of athletic training education. Students will receive education in ethics, curriculum construction, the analytics of teaching PE, sports, human growth and development and fitness. You will also receive education in the psychology of physical education and the cognitive factors in motor skill acquisition.
This is a very broad field, and before beginning a thesis, students will select the area that they want to specialize in. Depending on this specialty, the student will have additional coursework that will add to your knowledge base of this aspect of PE. When you are comparing schools and programs, it will be important to look carefully at the focus of the educational program to make sure your specialty will be addressed.
Careers in Physical Education
Upon attaining the PhD in music education degree, students have many career options available. You may wish to design, implement and lead musical education programs on primary through university levels. Some individuals manage musical talent and programs, while other people pursue the study of musical history and research different aspects of musicology throughout history. Still other individuals enter radio, television or film as composers, conductors, or educators.
The PhD in Physical Education is a growing field as more demand for knowledgeable professionals who can analyze and create effective training and curriculum that meet the specific needs of individuals grow. The science of how movement affects the human body is continuing to grow and the need for researchers in this area for both educational and large organizations has been on the rise since the importance of exercise in daily life for all individuals has become more visible.
Education and Teaching Programs
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- E-Learning - EdS
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- International Education - EdS
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- And more...
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Education in Higher Education
Online Learning at Concordia University-Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
Fordham University’s online Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) program prepares aspiring teachers (grades 1–6) to address the needs of today’s students. In addition to providing essential skills and experience, the M.S.T. program prepares students seeking initial teaching certification. The program offers two tracks: an M.S.T. in Childhood Education and an M.S.T. in Childhood Special Education (Dual Certification). Both combine live classes, interactive coursework, and placement experiences to prepare students to become effective teachers.
- MS in Teaching-Childhood Education
- MS in Teaching-Childhood SPED
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!