This article looks at some general information about earning a PhD in medical informatics. Admission requirements for most universities for earning a doctorate degree in this area will include an entrance examination. In addition to passing this exam, students will also need to have a masters degree in a related field. Business administration professionals, medical doctors, electrical engineers, and nurses are examples of the types of career professional with degrees acceptable as a prerequisite to earning a PhD in this field of informatics.
Medical Informatics Education and Training
Most applicants will need to secure at least three letters of recommendation for applications to universities for earning a doctorate degree. These letters can come from professors or other professionals that have a high standing position in your career. Your letters of recommendation will need to state you have competency in academic and professional experience and expertise.
Medical science and modern information technology have combined to become a leading field in the world of medicine. Many aspects of medicine depend on the professional that has the expertise for decision-making and knowledge about electronic forms of record keeping. In fact, these are only a couple of the career paths you can take when you earn a doctorate in medical informatics.
The area of this career choice you would like to specialize in will determine course work you will be required to take. Some courses include data structures, mathematical statistics, and computer architecture. The careers in medical informatics that include medical imaging will requires courses like biomedical imaging, human-computer interaction, and information and coding theory. Health information positions would require courses like system analysis design, data security, and health care administration.
Careers in Medical Informatics
Careers can vary for the student graduating with a doctorate in informatics related to medical endeavors. You may be interested bioinformatics that involves the storage of biomedical information. This is a career that is becoming on the forefront of medicine. Many opportunities are available in for career paths in this field related to public education and how the facts are given to the public about varied health issues. Whether you select clinical or organizational informatics career paths, you will have a great satisfaction knowing your job makes a huge difference.
Health Care Programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Doctor of Health Science
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief
- And more...