This article looks at some general information about earning a PhD in medical informatics. Admission requirements for most universities for earning a doctorate degree in this area will include an entrance examination. In addition to passing this exam, students will also need to have a masters degree in a related field. Business administration professionals, medical doctors, electrical engineers, and nurses are examples of the types of career professional with degrees acceptable as a prerequisite to earning a PhD in this field of informatics.
Medical Informatics Education and Training
Most applicants will need to secure at least three letters of recommendation for applications to universities for earning a doctorate degree. These letters can come from professors or other professionals that have a high standing position in your career. Your letters of recommendation will need to state you have competency in academic and professional experience and expertise.
Medical science and modern information technology have combined to become a leading field in the world of medicine. Many aspects of medicine depend on the professional that has the expertise for decision-making and knowledge about electronic forms of record keeping. In fact, these are only a couple of the career paths you can take when you earn a doctorate in medical informatics.
The area of this career choice you would like to specialize in will determine course work you will be required to take. Some courses include data structures, mathematical statistics, and computer architecture. The careers in medical informatics that include medical imaging will requires courses like biomedical imaging, human-computer interaction, and information and coding theory. Health information positions would require courses like system analysis design, data security, and health care administration.
Careers in Medical Informatics
Careers can vary for the student graduating with a doctorate in informatics related to medical endeavors. You may be interested bioinformatics that involves the storage of biomedical information. This is a career that is becoming on the forefront of medicine. Many opportunities are available in for career paths in this field related to public education and how the facts are given to the public about varied health issues. Whether you select clinical or organizational informatics career paths, you will have a great satisfaction knowing your job makes a huge difference.
Health Care Programs
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!