This article looks at some general information about earning a PhD in medical informatics. Admission requirements for most universities for earning a doctorate degree in this area will include an entrance examination. In addition to passing this exam, students will also need to have a masters degree in a related field. Business administration professionals, medical doctors, electrical engineers, and nurses are examples of the types of career professional with degrees acceptable as a prerequisite to earning a PhD in this field of informatics.
Medical Informatics Education and Training
Most applicants will need to secure at least three letters of recommendation for applications to universities for earning a doctorate degree. These letters can come from professors or other professionals that have a high standing position in your career. Your letters of recommendation will need to state you have competency in academic and professional experience and expertise.
Medical science and modern information technology have combined to become a leading field in the world of medicine. Many aspects of medicine depend on the professional that has the expertise for decision-making and knowledge about electronic forms of record keeping. In fact, these are only a couple of the career paths you can take when you earn a doctorate in medical informatics.
The area of this career choice you would like to specialize in will determine course work you will be required to take. Some courses include data structures, mathematical statistics, and computer architecture. The careers in medical informatics that include medical imaging will requires courses like biomedical imaging, human-computer interaction, and information and coding theory. Health information positions would require courses like system analysis design, data security, and health care administration.
Careers in Medical Informatics
Careers can vary for the student graduating with a doctorate in informatics related to medical endeavors. You may be interested bioinformatics that involves the storage of biomedical information. This is a career that is becoming on the forefront of medicine. Many opportunities are available in for career paths in this field related to public education and how the facts are given to the public about varied health issues. Whether you select clinical or organizational informatics career paths, you will have a great satisfaction knowing your job makes a huge difference.
Health Care Programs
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- PhD - Addictions
- PhD - Gerontology
- PhD - Trauma and Disaster Relief
- And more...
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- CCNE-Accredited Master of Science in Nursing Programs
- Grand Canyon's 4-credit master’s classes allow you to complete your Master of Science in Nursing degree in less time.
- Our master's in nursing programs include advanced practice roles in primary care and acute care, as well as curriculums which prepare nurses for roles in nursing leadership, nursing education & more.
- Students can elect to take courses online or through our evening classes which meet just once a week at the Phoenix campus and other satellite locations throughout Arizona.
- Grand Canyon is highly recognized in the healthcare industry for outstanding programs for practicing nurses who are seeking to further their education.
- Request information – learn more about program offerings, start dates, financial aid & more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- M.S. in Health Care Administration
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Master of Arts in Government - Healthcare Policy & Ethics
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
As few as 20 months
Nursing@Simmons enables Registered Nurses to earn an MSN online from Simmons College and prepare to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner in as few as 20 months.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!