The PhD in global health leads to careers in public health, health education, epidemiology and related fields in health and medicine. The importance of global health cannot be emphasized too much, as it affects everyone, these days. In times of rapid transportation, all kinds of disease can easily spread across the planet, in a short amount of time. The professionals that work tirelessly to make the planet a healthier place for all, may need a PhD in global health, for many positions.
Global Health Education and Training
Many experts advise those seeking graduate school, to choose the branch of global health that they are the most passionate about. This will help them decide which field to go into. It also will determine many of their studies for their doctoral degrees. When you apply for doctoral studies, you may need to be recommended by former professors and provide whatever documentation is requested. This may include test scores and letters of recommendation.
The PhD in global health degree covers so many facets, that there may not be any “one size fits all” courses to consider. However, you may expect to take training in things like epidemiology, research design, social justice, as well as courses that fit into your chosen field of study.
You also may need to present an outline of your plans for the future. This will include a general overview of your dissertation. In some cases, the approval process can be very extensive, as many universities only have room for so many doctoral students per semester.
It can take four to eight years to earn your degree in international health, and this is determined by whether you are studying full-time or part-time. You may need to have periodic evaluations and testing. Also, you may work in internships or similar programs, depending on your studies. In most cases, your research and dissertation will need to be approved by a faculty member or board, before you can proceed.
Global Health Careers
You might choose to work with the United States Department of Agriculture as a Nutrition Adviser. You also may wish to work with the Red Cross or with Project Hope, as a Health Business Development Specialist. Many important government agencies and nonprofit agencies need project directors, to manage and control important issues related to the well-being of others.
A lot of organizations are also looking for Public Health Specialists. There are also other fields of work that one can check out. You may choose to work as a program manager, social marketer, researcher, clinician, or epidemiologist. Epidemiologists work to control the spread of disease.
You can find various positions, where those in higher education work as managers and program directors as well as epidemiologists and researchers.
Public Health Programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Healthcare Management and Leadership is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields of managed care supervision
- , patient care management, healthcare services manager, regulatory analysis, and resource specialists.
- An MBA from California Intercontinental University is designed to prepare students for today's most in demand industries.
- Tailor your graduate studies around one of our several MBA programs, including Banking & Finance, International Management & Marketing, Project Management and more!
- A Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Information Systems and Knowledge Management is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields
- of configuration management, server administration, knowledge management specialist, business systems analysis, and control systems management.
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.