The PhD in global health leads to careers in public health, health education, epidemiology and related fields in health and medicine. The importance of global health cannot be emphasized too much, as it affects everyone, these days. In times of rapid transportation, all kinds of disease can easily spread across the planet, in a short amount of time. The professionals that work tirelessly to make the planet a healthier place for all, may need a PhD in global health, for many positions.
Global Health Education and Training
Many experts advise those seeking graduate school, to choose the branch of global health that they are the most passionate about. This will help them decide which field to go into. It also will determine many of their studies for their doctoral degrees. When you apply for doctoral studies, you may need to be recommended by former professors and provide whatever documentation is requested. This may include test scores and letters of recommendation.
The PhD in global health degree covers so many facets, that there may not be any “one size fits all” courses to consider. However, you may expect to take training in things like epidemiology, research design, social justice, as well as courses that fit into your chosen field of study.
You also may need to present an outline of your plans for the future. This will include a general overview of your dissertation. In some cases, the approval process can be very extensive, as many universities only have room for so many doctoral students per semester.
It can take four to eight years to earn your degree in international health, and this is determined by whether you are studying full-time or part-time. You may need to have periodic evaluations and testing. Also, you may work in internships or similar programs, depending on your studies. In most cases, your research and dissertation will need to be approved by a faculty member or board, before you can proceed.
Global Health Careers
You might choose to work with the United States Department of Agriculture as a Nutrition Adviser. You also may wish to work with the Red Cross or with Project Hope, as a Health Business Development Specialist. Many important government agencies and nonprofit agencies need project directors, to manage and control important issues related to the well-being of others.
A lot of organizations are also looking for Public Health Specialists. There are also other fields of work that one can check out. You may choose to work as a program manager, social marketer, researcher, clinician, or epidemiologist. Epidemiologists work to control the spread of disease.
You can find various positions, where those in higher education work as managers and program directors as well as epidemiologists and researchers.
Public Health Programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education