Educational psychology doctorate can lead to various careers that include teaching and research. Finishing your education and topping off your career with an Educational Psychology Doctorate can be beneficial. Educational psychology doctorate can lead to various careers that include teaching and research. Finishing your education and topping off your career with an Educational Psychology Doctorate can be beneficial.
Educational Psychology Training
There are many different concentrations that you can focus on, but it is completely up to you on how you complete your education. This PhD program works with all students in this field. There are many requirements for admissions, and many of them are the same from when you applied for your master’s degree.
Students will need to produce official transcripts, along with a “B” average from their last institution. There may be an evaluation of work history, certifications, licenses, and more. Students should be prepared for this and much more for this competitive school admissions process. The earlier the student applies and turns in all information, the better that the dean of the school can make decisions on whether or not they will be accepted.
With the different concentrations come different resources and core courses. Teachers will need to take classes in instructional design, adult learning and others, whereas those involved with children will focus on childhood and adolescent development, testing and measurements, and teaching. Coursework might include:
- Psychometric Methods
- Learning and Motivation
- Research Design
- Learning and Cognition
- Human Development
These, among many other courses, are just a few of the concentrations that students in this program can work with. The focus is entirely up to the student, and an academics counselor can help the student prepare for the classes they will be taking. Many of the counselors that work with the students have been in the exact same shoes as the counselor, making them understanding when difficulties come across.
Careers in Educational Psychology
Careers in this field are selective, and most companies and organizations will only hire those with a educational psychology doctorate or related credentials. Few will hire those who have a master’s and are still in school for their doctorate. A few of these careers include school counselors, educational psychologists, and social workers. This career field is not destined for helping children and adults with school and counseling.
- The Doctor of Education (EdD) program helps students hone research and scholarly writing skills and prepares them for doctoral study or dissertation.
- The EdD program offers nine specializations, including Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Higher Education Leadership and Management, and more.
- Students in the EdD program may progress at their own pace by choosing between the Traditional and Fast Track options.
- PhD in Education - Early Childhood Special Education
- Doctor of Education - Early Childhood Education
- Doctor of Education - Special Education
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- Concordia pursues online learning with the same passion and commitment to excellence that has marked our 110-year history. Our online degrees provides the same high academic standards as our on-campus
- #1 in M.Ed Degrees awarded by a Non-Profit University with over 8,000 M.Ed degrees that have been awarded to Concordia Online Students (Based on 2013-2014 IPEDS data); #3 MBA Program in Oregon (2015)
- Your diploma and transcript is exactly the same as what students receive from Concordia’s on-campus program and carries the same value as a traditional degree
- Concordia offers a variety of scholarships, grants, and awards designed to make the cost of a quality liberal arts education more affordable. Military benefits are available to candidates who qualify
- Concordia offers outstanding student-focused support including technical support and student service teams to assist you from initial contact through graduation.
- Concordia University is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.