Educational psychology doctorate can lead to various careers that include teaching and research. Finishing your education and topping off your career with an Educational Psychology Doctorate can be beneficial. Educational psychology doctorate can lead to various careers that include teaching and research. Finishing your education and topping off your career with an Educational Psychology Doctorate can be beneficial.
Educational Psychology Training
There are many different concentrations that you can focus on, but it is completely up to you on how you complete your education. This PhD program works with all students in this field. There are many requirements for admissions, and many of them are the same from when you applied for your master’s degree.
Students will need to produce official transcripts, along with a “B” average from their last institution. There may be an evaluation of work history, certifications, licenses, and more. Students should be prepared for this and much more for this competitive school admissions process. The earlier the student applies and turns in all information, the better that the dean of the school can make decisions on whether or not they will be accepted.
With the different concentrations come different resources and core courses. Teachers will need to take classes in instructional design, adult learning and others, whereas those involved with children will focus on childhood and adolescent development, testing and measurements, and teaching. Coursework might include:
- Psychometric Methods
- Learning and Motivation
- Research Design
- Learning and Cognition
- Human Development
These, among many other courses, are just a few of the concentrations that students in this program can work with. The focus is entirely up to the student, and an academics counselor can help the student prepare for the classes they will be taking. Many of the counselors that work with the students have been in the exact same shoes as the counselor, making them understanding when difficulties come across.
Careers in Educational Psychology
Careers in this field are selective, and most companies and organizations will only hire those with a educational psychology doctorate or related credentials. Few will hire those who have a master’s and are still in school for their doctorate. A few of these careers include school counselors, educational psychologists, and social workers. This career field is not destined for helping children and adults with school and counseling.
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Special Education
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- E-Learning - EdS
- International Education - EdS
- And more...
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Educational Administration (EDD)
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...